Welcome on board !
If you have not been on a traditional cruise on board a Gulet yacht, you have surely missed something! Unlike large ship cruises, a Gulet yacht cruise brings to you the simple, yet beautiful pleasures of life. Such cruises are not just about sun, sand and sea. They are also about exploring the beauty and bounty of nature, unravelling history, getting a taste of the local culture and cuisine with having the time of your life!
Being very close to the shores, mostly in the bays and covers, Gulet cruises ensure that you never encounter rough waters. A Gulet usually anchors overnight in tiny coves located about 20-30 meters away from the shore. In a week long cruise, passengers can enjoy shopping and dining at restaurants on shore or enjoy a vibrant night life when the cruise is docked in the marine waters of a coastal town.
The Blue Cruise allows you ample time for sight-seeing, swimming and snorkelling in the pristine and clear blue waters, sunbathing on the deck or by the beach where the Gulet is docked or trekking and exploring ancient ruins. For a little additional fee, you can also enjoy adrenaline pumping water sports such as water skiing, jet skiing, windsurfing and boating in banana boats. The daytime usually involves cruising and sailing if there is enough wind. The Gulet approaches the shore around lunch and dinner time and drops the anchor at a solitary bay, near the ruins, at a small village or off an island. Each day comprises a minimum of two stops so that passengers can swim, windsurf, snorkel, sunbathe, take a trip ashore or simply relax under a sun awning. The evening is rounded off with a delicious dinner, including an occasional grill and surprise entertainment by the Captain and crew in the form of music, dance, fun, frolic and laughter !
The heart of a Gulet Yacht cruise lies in offering relaxation and recreation through the simplest pleasures in life.
Turkey and Greek Islands' climate plays a major role in the cruising excellence that this area offers. The cruising season ideally begins in early April and ends in October, with June, July and August being the hottest quarter. While April and October offer almost 8 to 9 hours of sunshine a day, May and September are much cooler and quieter and make the perfect time for cruising, walking and exploration.
AVERAGE TEMPARATURES (°C/°F)
WINDS (Avrage direction and force in knots)
WHAT TO BRING
We recommend :
- A pair of long pants/slacks/jeans for land explorations as many of the trails and ancient sites is not cleared and you will be following goat trails with some prickly bush.
- Both a long and a short-sleeved shirt are recommended, along with a visor or head covering.
- A pullover and windbreaker for cooler evening, especially during the early or late season.
- Beach towel, plenty of sunscreen, prescription medication, and sunglasses. To those interested in snorkelling, we provide snorkels, flippers and goggles. But you can bring your own too!
- Pack a sleeping bag if you wish to sleep underneath the shimmery parasol of the stars, i.e. on the deck of the Gulet. We do provide bed linens and towels for use in the cabins. You may expect a set of sheets on the bed during high summer, and a bottom sheet and thick cotton sheet during the spring and autumn months.
- Bringing your belongings in a collapsible bag rather than a suitcase is highly recommended. Bags are much easier to stow away. Pack light, as cabin space is limited, and bring a light daypack for shore excursions.
The crew on our Gulets consists of 2 to 7 local people including a captain, a chef and the sailors. All crew members are highly qualified. Captains are selected from a group of experienced and licensed mariners with a vast knowledge of sailing the seas and nearby coasts. Our cooks specialize in local as well as international cuisines that will surely please your taste buds. Crew members (depending on your boat selection) can speak basic to advanced level of English. Some of them can also speak German, French, Russian or Italian. Our crew does its best to provide you with a comfortable and pleasant cruise. They are really friendly and always enthusiastic about assisting you and catering to your requirements and wishes.
Gulet Yachts are equipped with windsurfs, dingy with outboard and fishing and snorkelling equipment. There are ample options of different water sports such as jet-skiing, water-skiing and banana boat riding at moderate additional prices organized by special water sports groups at different bays we visit. We can also arrange for jet skiing and water skiing equipment for hire during your charter, upon request.
Gulet Yacht Charters also allow you to go for shore excursions that let you explore the nearby local towns, ancient sites and natural attractions. For instance the Bodrum-Gökova-Bodrum programme allows you to visit and explore Marmaris and in the Marmaris-Fethiye-Marmaris programme you may visit Caunos. Touring historical sites, ruins and nature reserves, bird watching and jeep safaris are some other delights that also wait you !
We also organize shopping tours to local handicraft centres or the lively bazaars so that you can look at and buy Turkish handicrafts, carpets, leather products, jewellery, textiles, gist items and souvenirs of Turkey.